FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does my child need occupational therapy?
If you feel occupational therapy is a service that would benefit your child, reach out to Dreamcatchers to address your concerns with the therapist, and schedule an initial evaluation. Once completed, we will schedule a time to discuss findings and any recommendations.
If treatment is recommended, a regularly scheduled appointment time will be established for your child. Your child’s medical doctor will be provided with a report and treatment plan for the planned therapy.
What happen during a typical therapy session?
Each child will have an individualized plan that is specific to the areas identified at evaluation. Some common interventions include:
· Modified activities designed to challenge each child while remaining fun and enhancing a sense of accomplishment and self-esteem
- Games, puzzles, and activities to address and improve visual perceptual, visual motor and ocular motor skills
- Multi-step movement tasks to improve sequencing and memory, as well as motor skills and upper extremity coordination.
- Games and activities to encourage strengthening of trunk, large muscle groups, and often hands and fingers as well
- Fun, internally motivated movement activities
- Practice with self-care &/or self-feeding skills, incorporated naturally into sessions, if needed
Are there things I can do with my child at home to help with improving skills?
Yes, as your child become comfortable and familiar with the activities during session, the therapist recommends these and additional exercises that can be done at home to support your child’s progress. Active and regular participation can shorten the duration of therapy and significantly speed up the progress.
My child already receives therapy at school. Can I get more?
Definitely! We will with your child’s medical physician. this is separate from their academic plan. Therapists will work to help support any treatment your child is receiving through the school to provide a strong continuity of care.
Where do we go for therapy?
Dreamcatchers is located in Humble, Texas. We also offer home health and treatments within academic settings.
Do you accept major credit cards?
Yes, we accept major credit cards